Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Buzz Bakery--Awesome cupcake place except for the cupcakes.

This week I reviewed the Buzz Bakery on Slaters Lane with two guest reviewers (shout out to Holly and Tali). I would like to start by saying I love this place. First, it is open to midnight. Meaning that when your sitting in your house at 10:30 pm and have a hankering for some sweets no problemo. For the fellas (I seriously doubt any dudes read this blog but it is worth a try) this is the perfect place for a late night dessert date. The shop is more of a cafe with hip music and free wifi. The staff are totally awesome. They are always friendly and I always enjoy myself. Case in point, I asked the employee to give me a description of the lemon cupcake and he told me the following "Imagine that you are in a giant house that is made out of a cupcake that is really hot inside. You drink a cup of lemonade and it is the best lemonade that you have ever had. That is what the lemon cupcake taste like." Honestly--after that description it would have been a gross crime against humanity not to try the cupcake. So we ordered the lemon , flower power, and chocolate ganache cupcakes.

The cupcakes where alright--they are average at best. So much potential!!!! I really really, really, wanted this place to be great and it was, except for the cupcakes. I give this place a solid 3. I will have to admit that my guest reviewers had differing opinions but they will have to start there own blog. Advice to owners--work on the cupcakes and keep the crazy guy that serves the cupcakes. The kid has chutzpah. Roscoe out.

No comments:

Post a Comment