Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Restaurant 3

Some co-workers joined Ashley and I for our next dessert delight at Restaurant 3 in Clarendon. The only thing I knew about this place is that it serves southern food. And I love me some good southern cookin.' But this was not the time to get me some Chicken and Waffles, I was on the hunt for the next greatest dessert. While perusing their website for the dessert menu I was pleasantly surprised to find this little treasure:

Bacon Studded Waffle with Maple Bacon Ice Cream

We arrived to find a cozy fireplace in the waiting area up front, but quickly became confused as we walked back to the dining area to sit among southern kitchy gift shop decor. This place is having an identity crisis.

"The Cobbler"

This was a big disappointment. It was like eating a bunch of
warm apples with some dried oats sprinkled on top.

"The Baconator" aka Bacon Studded Waffle
with Maple Bacon Ice Cream

I think we were overly excited about eating this dessert. My expectations were definitely high. First impressions: it tasted like a piece of really strongly flavored bacon. Not only until you mixed all of the flavors: berry, waffle, ice cream and carmel did it really begin to gel together.

"Choclately Goodness" aka Chocolate Bread Pudding

This was my favorite dessert, although not all the others agreed. It was so moist and warm and just melted in your mouth. I loved it!

Price: Too much for me
Taste: Unreliable
Service: Picture perfect worthy (hotties), although in general, too slow
Atmosphere: Schizophrenic
Date factor: Go for it, if you want to risk getting laughed at.
Final Grade: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment