Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Holy Grail of Cup Cakes

Hello fans of the DC dessert club. For this next review I feel as if I need to give some background information. I have been in pursuit of the ultimate cupcake for multiple years. My quest has brought me to many shops around the DC metro area. During this quest I have always heard of these mythical cupcake trucks. No matter how hard I looked I have never come across one. Until last Monday. I was walking out of Cosi and BAM!! everything that is good about America was there before me symbolized by a four wheel dispensary of cupcake goodness.

I said to myself what better way to follow my salad then to eat a large amount of sugar, butter, and more sugar. I choose the Madagascar vanilla bean cupcake with chocolate butter-cream icing.


The service was great and quick. The cake itself was slightly dry. The frosting was good but nothing amazing. I give the cupcake a solid 3 out of 5. But lets be honest, anything served out of a truck is pretty dang awesome. Therefore, I am going to give the cupcake a revised score of 3.25. The truck has since disappeared and has not been sighted since. I can check this off of my list, the cupcake was not amazing but every connoisseur of desserts must at least try it once. (I think that you can follow it on Facebook and get the locations for each day but somehow that feels like cheating).



No comments:

Post a Comment